After the success of the face mask I posted about last week I wanted to try something else avocado based and a hair mask seemed like it’d be easy and I do find that good hair masks make a difference to my hair. This recipe used three ingredients, all of them I already had, and you can find the full recipe and instructions here if you want to give it a go.
The banana, avocado and coconut oil all have individual properties that help your hair. They should help with moisture, repairing damaged hair or strengthening your hair so it’s a bit of an all round hair mask that I think would suit any hair type and give it a bit of a boost.
I’ve always been interested in trying some DIY beauty products but have never got round to it, either because I didn’t have the right ingredients when it came to making them or I didn’t know what ones to try. Last weekend we had a couple of avocados that needed using up so I tried a face mask and a hair mask.
There are so many face masks out there I didn’t know which to try but I found a chocolate face mask that seemed like it’d work for what I want and we had all the ingredients in the cupboards, it seemed an obvious choice for a first attempt. This recipe is from the Marie Claire website, you can find it here along with five other easy face masks so if this doesn’t seem right for your skin type there are others to choose from instead.
I did a recent post mentioning that I’ve been working on a fake rock background for a lizard I’ll be getting and, as I’ve finally finished it, I thought I’d share the whole process with you guys. I know this is a bit of an odd post for this blog but when I was looking around on how to do this it was blog posts like these that I tended to use as a reference so this may end up a bit pic heavy but hopefully not too boring. I promise that the next few posts will be back to regular topics, this has just taken up a fair amount of time and energy and I actually quite like how it looks. Plus it was surprisingly easy to actually do.
Before I get started I should say this is the first one I’ve attempted, I’ve definitely learned things along the way and I know what I’d do differently if I ever did this again. I have mainly got information from the internet, especially the Lizard Landscapes website and YouTube channel. I used polystyrene, no more nails glue, standard tile grout, acrylic paint and some craft epoxy resin for mine so there are some differences but the idea is the same. If you’re still interested keep reading!